Last year the kids and I made this magazine paper heart for Mother’s Day, but it would also make a great Valentine’s craft for February. It is really simple to make using supplies we had around the house.
What you need:
- Cardboard (thank you Amazon boxes 😆)
- Glue sticks
- Optional- paper cutter
1. Draw a heart on the cardboard and cut it out.
2. Go through magazines together and pull out the most colorful pages.
3. Cut the magazine pages you selected into strips. Strips can be as thick or thin as you like. You can cut them out with scissors, or if you have a paper cutter it is a big help and much faster. Depending on the thickness of your strips and the size of your heart, will determine how many strips you need. We did them really thin so needed a lot!
4. Glue the strips to the cardboard heart vertically. Glue sticks work best as they don’t soak through the magazine paper. Have fun trying to not put the same color strip next to each other. Depending on the size of your heart you might need multiple strips in one vertical row to cover it.
5. When you have it all covered, flip it over and cut off the excess strips of paper around the edge of the heart.
6. Have your kids write a sweet message on the back.
That’s it! Super easy and we had a lot of fun together going through magazines and picking what strips to glue where. I have my heart hanging in my office 😍
For more crafts, activities, printables, and Valentine books check my recent blog post HERE.
I hope you have a great Valentine’s weekend with your loved ones! ❤️