We just welcomed our 4th baby into our family, and the easiest way to continue some of our lessons and ease back into our school work/routine is continuing to read good books together with our Character Trait Book Basket. The past few weeks we have read books, learned, and talked together all about RESPECT.
In scripture we are told to respect the law, honor our parents, love our neighbor as we love ourselves, and live lives worthy of respect. Respect is woven throughout Scripture and makes for a strong foundation for family and life. Teaching our children to have respect for themselves and others is so important in raising future adults.
Here is a list of all the books we read about RESPECT:
- The Golden Rule by Ilene Cooper
- Do Unto Otters by Laurie Keller
- The Berenstain Bears Show Some Respect by Mike Berenstain
- The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule by Mike Berenstain
- Penguins Say Please by Margery Cuyler
- Sneaky Weasel by Hannah Shaw
- Respect and Take Care of Things by Cheri J. Meiners
- The Way I Act by Steve Metzger
- Ryan Respects by Virginia L. Kroll
- Big: A Little Story About Respect and Self-Esteem by Ingo Blum
- What If Everybody Did That by Ellen Javernick
- How Do Dinosaurs Learn to Read? by Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
- I Am A Cat by Galia Bernstein
- Big Words for Little People by Jamie Lee Curtis & Laura Cornell
- All Are Welcome by Alexandra Penfold
For my daughters journal entry she choose The Berenstain Bears Show Some Respect. This books is about respecting your parents and elders in how you talk and act. Perfect for young learners in how they should respect all adults.
I hope you enjoy some of these books about respect with your kids! Check out our previous book lists we read for Compassion HERE and Confidence HERE. Come back soon for our next book list all about Responsibility!
(This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, no extra cost to you. I only link items I love or have used!)